Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Innocent






The little one is curled up in Daddy's bed watching some cartoons on TV while I get organised.  As I walked past her (letting the dog out for her early morning pee) I smiled at that innocent face.  Soon enough the simple logic of a 4 year old will be replaced by the curdled logic of the adult world. But for now she believes in unicorns and fairies and 'happy ever after' endings.

This morning it's quiet around the campgrounds -- cold - very cold!   The heat is on and the trailer is snuggly warm and comfy.  Today is her last day with us... her mother is supposed to be home tonite from her holiday...... and we will get her back on Monday - school starts on Tuesday and our long lazy days here are just about over.

For today though we will squeeze in one more visit to the beach and mud baths and sand castles....... tonite one last barbecue dinner and one last bath/shower in the tub in the trailer.  

Tomorrow I will dash back to the city to check on the cat..... and this weekend we hope to have angelsquest come to visit for the day on Saturday and Saturday night Sir Steve and I have a date with some paddles and whips in the city (YAY!)  

Life keeps marching along at it's own pace some days dragging me along with it - other days I am keeping time and marching along with it.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts