Tuesday, July 07, 2020

First Week of Summer Schedule.....




I am on my second day of FREEDOM!!!  Yesterday I have to confess I didn't do much more than sit in the sun... nap in the air conditioned bedroom... read under the umbrella.. and nap some more.  I almost felt a little guilty...... almost!

Last week I transformed from 'teacher' to 'camp counsellor'.  Usually the campground ran programs to keep the kids amused....... but due to the logistics of social distancing there are no activities this summer.. not for the kids and not for the adults.  Thought I would share a few pictures of OUR summer camp..........

I bought the lil one a pompom maker and she managed to use up all the spare wool making pompoms - can I say it was a hit?! 




On July 1st cause there were no firework displays - so she made some!!  using toilet paper rolls and paint.............



On one of the hot days (actually they have all been hot days!!) she made a folding lady bug fan............



AND every day I took her swimming...... can you tell how cold the water is?? They only opened the pools last week - with all sorts of restrictions but it was worth it.. according to the lil one.




We have a family tradition called the 'blue plate' special.  It started last summer on Friday evenings........ eldest daughter and SIL would come over and share our fire and I would bring out some treat or other to share....... on Saturday night the blue plate was at their fire.............

This weekend I decided to use my air fryer and try making yeast donuts....... talk about loving a challenge....... small kitchen with virtually no counter space..... BUT they turned out really nicely....... and were declared a HUGE hit!!  though they didn't keep that well - the next day they were stale (colour me sad) BUT then that just means they have to be eaten in one sitting right??


Today I have already started preparing dinner..... the potatoes are cooked for potatoe salad and the chicken drumsticks are defrosting for later grilling........

Life is good when you are on summer schedule..........


3 comments:

  1. Your summer schedule sounds great! But now I want a donut. Everyone needs a day for themselves at least once a week and napping and reading are definitely the way to go. So while you are doing great with the lil one, keep a day for yourself and ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! Can I come to your place?

    Hugs
    Boo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Morningstar, way to go to the lil one, she is so creative. Love the fireworks:)

    I love your blue plate tradition. The donuts look awesome! Enjoy your summer...and no school!

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts