Saturday, July 18, 2020

And then this happened........





Sooooooooo let me tell you about my week......

On Tuesday morning the lil one was going to go for a bike ride.  She had met a set of twin girls on Monday and had played well with them.  I had thought she might like to have the twins over to do some crafts.....

Sooooooooooooo  I asked 'are you going to go find the twins?'  She looked me straight in the eye and said "NO!"  I knew she was lying.  And that began a long session of 'why are you lying'..... I - we - have been very tolerant with her lies...... but this time something kinda snapped inside me ya know??? She has NO bloody reason to lie to me or her father........... and yet she does......... over and over and over.  Each time she gets caught she cries and says she'll never do it again........ until she does.

She is going to be 8!   It was time to set down some consequences.

Soooooooooooooo she lost her IPad .. and the privilege of riding her bike all over the campsite (she can still go for bike rides BUT only in our section of the park). 

BUT ya know - it's pretty difficult to stop her lying when her mother's family does it all the time - blatantly.  Hell the lil one asked me over the winter why mommy lied all the time........ and in the spring - during the height of the lock down - the family went to visit an aunt and told the lil one she couldn't tell us...........

We'll have to see if the use of consequences rather than pussy footing around her and coddling her works.

THEN

on Friday we're in the city cause the mother picks up from the house...... supposedly at 10:30 am (it hasn't ever been 10:30 - mostly 10:40 - 10:50)  At 10:15 there was this angry blaring of a car horn outside the house..... so much so it made me jump up to see what was going on....... didn't see anything (mind you I didn't look very hard)  About 5 minutes later there was this angry pounding on our front door.  I looked to see the grandmother stomping down the steps returning to her car.  

I was seething.  Talk about the straw that broke the camel's back.  I am so fed up with how rude they are..... and how they treat me like 'sh*t' ........... WTF............ considering what  I do for THEIR child!!! 

I seethed until this morning.  Then I sent the mother a message.  This rude behaviour will STOP immediately OR a new routine for pick ups will happen. I will cut all my contact with them!!  I will not allow them to treat me like this any longer!

Life is good when you finally stand up for yourself!

4 comments:

  1. Consequences are so necessary. Good for you!

    My mother lied all the time. You could never get a straight answer out of her. She would say what she thought you wanted to hear, even make up stuff. When I was small she would yell at me for telling the truth. Always encouraged me to tell "white lies". I hate lying and never do it. Needless to say, it was a dysfunctional home.

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Morningstar,

    Sounds like a trying week. The lying is a difficult one to deal with, especially since the lil one is around adults who do it constantly.

    I can't believe the behavior of the grandmother, there is absolutely no reason for being so rude. Good on you for standing up for yourself and sending Mom the message.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully the lil one is smart enough to realize different homes different rules. Maybe you can stay up until midnight at one house, but bedtime is 9 at the other. You can cuss around some adults but not others. Kids learn these things fairly easily, even though they shouldn't have to. You know you're doing it right and her mother will regret her actions some day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry you have to bring lil one back in line every time but am so greatful that you care enough to do it. And dealing with the otherside, it is time for the lil one to see that there is a line that is not allowed to be crossed for you and rudeness is one of them! WTG!!!

    Hugs
    Boo

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts