Thursday, October 31, 2019

It's Official ....... I am the Halloween Grinch









All the kids in the city loved Halloween a LOT
But the Grinch in the city did NOT!
The Grinch hated Halloween The whole Halloween season
The decorations.... the costumes.... the pumpkins......
OH those smelly slimy pumpkins 
The Grinch hated them most

AND the noise -- oh the noise -- doorbells ringing..... dogs barking... 
kids yelling Trick or Treat Smell my feet
The noise noise noise.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
But unlike the Grinch in this story -- my heart never was too small... I may not enjoy the holiday BUT I do put everything into it.........
I did for my girls and all the kiddies who passed through my class room........ 
AND now again with the lil one....  

As with every holiday - celebration - there are challenges 
The biggest... worst one is finding a costume that will fit over a snowsuit 
This year Sir Steve and I really lucked out -- we stumbled across a unicorn costume quite by accident.... a UNICORN!!  has to be the lil one's most favourite character EVER!
The sheer joy on her face when we gave it to her was worth every bit of  angst I go through over Halloween



Now we're all ready........ I just need to find a HUGE umbrella - it's raining!

 Wishing you all a "Haunting Halloween"

 


1 comment:

  1. Happy Halloween! It's not really that big here, only had a couple of door knockers tonight.

    How wonderful of you to get into the spirit (pardon the pun lol) for the lil one. The costume looks awesome!

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts