Saturday, October 26, 2019

My Day








Yesterday was my birthday.

MY day.

I took the day to be very introspective.  I often do.  It is a day for reflection -- to look back and to look forward.  To see plans made and lost -- to make plans.  

MY day.

In the middle of this introspection my brother popped up on my FB wall posting pics of me from wayyyyyyyy back when........   they were shocking and I hated them.  Mostly I always hate pictures of myself.

But there was one........ the first one he posted....... I think it was taken 60 years ago.... 
it made me smile ...... I could almost see my father taking my picture ... I could almost hear him telling me how to stand how to smile how to pose........ almost 

I don't EVER post pictures of ME on here....... but this one is so far from what I look like today I have no fear of anyone going "ohhhhhhhhh my god!!  that's "S"! "  



 It made me think about life then........ remembering the dreams I had....... childhood dreams..... and yet so many of them came true -- not everyone can say that can they ? that their childhood dreams came true...... I wanted to be a teacher - I became a teacher -- I wanted to be a Mom and have kids - I am a Mom with 2 of my own and surprise surprise one extra - the lil one -- I wanted to love and be loved and I'm lucky enough to say I have loved and been loved (and more so now then ever) I wanted to make my parents proud - and though they never actually told me I think they were proud of me in their own way.  

I'm a lucky woman......... and that is a very good thing!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Morningstar,

    Wishing you a belated very Happy Birthday! Wow, thank you so much for sharing the photo with us. What an adorable, sweet little girl you were :)

    How lovely of your brother to post the photos on your FB wall and even better that your childhood dreams came true :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday for yesterday.

    Prefectdt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy happy birthday!

    What a great picture and so brave to post it. I love the memory that went with it.

    Hugs
    Boo

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts