Saturday, September 10, 2016

Sounds of Silence

I realized yesterday -- most days I don't talk to another living being -- not even Missy the cat - who has decided to spend most of her days in her hidey hole.

It's weird ya know -- I spent my whole working life craving silence...... coming home from school and just sitting quietly -- soaking in the silence.  I dreaded going out -- dreaded crowds and the noise.  Now most days I would give my eye teeth for intelligent conversation... for laughter and sharing.

I toy with the idea of a roommate -- but then I think that means someone 24/7 in my space and ya know I like my privacySelfish eh??

So in typical me fashion -- after a few hours of feeling sorry for myself -- I picked myself up by the boot straps and went looking for events going on this weekend. 

Guess what??!   I found one.  Sunday there is a multicultural festival going on in town.  So I will pack up my camera and head off for the crowds and the noise..... and when I come home -- I will appreciate my quiet lil apartment.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts