Thursday, August 06, 2015

Thought Provoking



 A friend posted - what I consider an excellent question - this morning on FetLife.  I answered him there - but thought I would bring my answer over here... cause a) the question is worth thinking about for anyone/everyone and b) I didn't have a blog post this morning (cheeky grin)

Now the question was:   

"What one piece of advice would you give yourself, knowing what you know now."

And my answer went something like this ...

1) Have fun - laugh - enjoy - don't take it too seriously
cause truthfully folks - if it starts being all serious and not fun anymore - you are doing it wrong - OR - it's time to move on.
 
2) Explore - learn - don't be afraid (well within reason - some things are fun to be afraid of - others just good sense)

I was thinking when I wrote this bit - how fear does play a big part in my "turn on" -- BUT for me anyway - I spent a fair amount of time being afraid I wasn't pleasing him.... or that I would do something wrong........ it clogged my heart  and made it hurt.  
 
3) Always - ALWAYS - remain true to yourself and your moral code

Sometimes you bend and twist yourself to try and be what the Dom/sub wants you to be......that's just wrong in so many ways........... you have to be YOU - experience has taught me I can't be anyone else - or some image someone else has of who/what I should be.
 
4) Don't be intimidated by the Doms or the more experienced - or anyone - as a very wise man (my father ) once told me "they all put their pants on one leg at a time"

When I was a "newbie" I thought (honestly!!)  that somehow Doms walked on water .. were demi gods (oh stop laughing!!) I have learned that they are human just like me - with the same foibles and insecurities ... respect everyone  - dom and sub a like - be kind to everyone - dom and sub alike and you will find joy and happiness and much laughter in this lifestyle.     

1 comment:

  1. Excellent question and answers. I hold in the greatest regard...have fun and be true to yourself. In all of life, from spanking to taking that brilliant photograph, it is always the same...have fun.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts