Wednesday, August 04, 2021

Just another day in Paradise...


 

I know I haven't been around in awhile - just 'cause there hasn't been much going on around here....

Today is Sir Steve's birthday - so we have a birthday supper and presents planned and on Saturday his daughter and granddaughter are coming for dinner - he hasn't seen the baby for a year and a half - she'll soon be 2 so you can imagine how excited he is!

The weather hasn't improved much - which is a definite downer.... 

I'm still struggling with food - and am now down 6 pounds... le sigh... I wish I could get a handle on this feeling that my world is spinning out of control....... but I can't.  Sir Steve is struggling with the death of his dad - especially now that things have settled down and it's a hurry up and wait for the final paper work to be done.  Now he has time to grieve and it's not going well........ mind you when does grieving ever go well?? (colour me sad) I keep wishing there was something I could do to make him laugh again... to feel happy again... to have some interest in the world around him.  Mind you after a talk we had on the weekend he did call his doctor and is waiting on a call back.

The lil one has made some friends so most days she off playing and having adventures... yesterday I organised a scavenger hunt for them and it was such a huge success they begged me to do another one ........ which I managed to do... but GAH!!  I was pooped by dinner time.

Covid numbers are back down to 0 in our neck of the woods which is encouraging.. but I still wonder about a 4th wave when everyone heads back to school in Sept.....

Everyone play nice ..... I'll be back when / if something interesting happens.

5 comments:

  1. Glad to see you here. Hurry up and wait is my least favorite way to spend time. Whether it's paperwork or just waiting for grief to ease it's grip on us. But at least it does happen eventually. I'm glad the lil one's having a good summer. Happy birthday to Sir Steve. I'm hoping you both feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are still here. I was lonely and worried.

    Happy birthday to Sir Steve. I wish I had something encouraging to say, but really...this is just the suckiest time.

    Here is hoping we can avoid a 4th wave. My nerves can't handle it.

    Hugs
    Boo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope that the birthday bash goes well. It is always good to have things to look forward too. Especially when other things are a bit bleak

    Prefectdt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to Sir Steve!

    Grief is hard, and a process. Sending positive thoughts and vibes to both of you, I hope you both feel better soon.

    Wonderful Sir Steve's daughter and granddaughter will be visiting. Hope the visit and Birthday celebrations boosts spirits.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy happy birthday to your man! I hope you'll have a great birthday celebration :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts