Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Anatomy of sleep

 


 

When I was little - I was always afraid that some THING under my bed would grab me during the night.  Therefore my father used to come in and tuck the blankets tightly around my body - so tight it was hard to roll over (early bondage?? cheeky grin)

Even as I grew up - I wanted/needed the blankets tucked in tight around me - especially my feet.  It drives Sir Steve crazy as he doesn't like his feet tucked in.  So our bed always has one side untucked and one tucked.

Here at the trailer we have a king sized bed.... it's huge!!!  I honestly need a stool to climb into it.......... 

 


AND it's so big that I feel like Sir Steve is miles away from me!!  which means I spend most my nights wiggling over so I can be close to him...  It's also next to impossible to make the bed - impossible to tuck the sheets in at the head... and I can't change the bedding alone... Sir Steve has to pull the mattress out from the wall.  Turns out that the actual size of the bed frame/space is Queen... thus the problems.

Now to add to those inconveniences - this bed doesn't feel snuggly.  No matter how hard I try to tuck everything in tight around me  -- the bed is just too big and there are always gaping spaces.......... GAH!!!

This weekend Sir Steve suggested we go buy a new mattress - a Queen size mattress!  (maybe he's gotten tired of having to pull the mattress out so I can change it??) Fortunately we found a shop that will not only deliver here - but for a mere $15 they'll pick up the old one - and take all the packaging from the new one when they leave!!! I'm so excited!!!  The new bed will be here a week today!!  Fingers crossed the new mattress will give me back the feeling of cocooning.......  tucked in tight - safe from the creatures who hide under the bed. 

6 comments:

  1. I am with you Morningstar, about the size of the bed that is. I need the snuggles, otherwise I can't sleep well. However, I can't handle being tucked in right now. Too hot. Used to love it though!

    I am excited for your new bed with little fuss!

    Hugs
    boo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slaap Lekker :)

    Prefectdt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok yoy got me
      "Slaap Lekker" ???
      Sleep tight?

      Delete
    2. The literal translation is "sleep tasty", which I admit makes no sense at all in English. But each language has its own bedtime sayings

      Prefectdt

      Delete
  3. I like being tucked in too. Here's to many nights of wonderful sleep with the new bed.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sleeping is one of the few things I do well, I a bed, sofa, car airplane you name it. I hope your new beds tucks in tightly and you have many cozy sleeps.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts