Monday, August 23, 2021

Catch Up

 


 

A few weeks ago I mentioned that the lil one was making lady bugs from old golf balls and promised to show you pics.... well it didn't go as planned. First the red paint wasn't red - more purple - so I had to find a different colour (settled on red nail polish.  For some reason craft paint is as scarce as toilet paper was...... go figure) Then the lil one has been busy socializing with her 'friends' every day...and had little if any interest in art.

Last week we finally got them finished!!  They are now proudly displayed in our back 'garden'...........


 
Sir Steve's stepmother came to visit on Wednesday.  I spent the morning preparing dinner... making a veggie salad... cleaning and prepping the mushrooms and steaks........... BUT when it came time for dinner it was decided we'd order dinner from the Bear's Den ( a snack shack on site).  so much for my planned dinner of steak, baked potatoes, salad .......... ah well .......... It was a good visit and Sir Steve got some more paper work signed and sealed. 

Our new mattress arrived last Monday....... YAY!!  it's so nice to have a proper fitting mattress in the bedroom - makes the room seem bigger AND I can make the bed without having to squeeze between the bed and the wall!!
BUT
after 2 nights of sleeping on it... my lower back seemed to be sore.  I thought it was the new mattress...... but it got worse... the pain was localized on my left side (in the left ass cheek) and travelled down my leg to my knee.  I realized it was the same pain that I had after my fall in January........ I talked about it HERE...... GAH!! colour me discouraged.  I did some research and it seems that the sciatica problem can become chronic........... as I did nothing to strain the muscle/nerve I have to assume it's chronic.  Fortunately I still have some pain pills leftover so Sir Steve is gonna pick them up from the house on his way home tonite and hopefully I'll be able to sleep again...........I should be back to normal in 10 days or so........... (fingers crossed)

On Saturday we had a date night!!  It was wonderful...... just the two of us.  We went to a sweet lil restaurant in a local town...... down by the water.  We sat on the terrace for our dinner.  It was hot sunny evening - but there was a nice breeze coming off the water.  We had a delicious dinner of schnitzels..........

 





And today is the start of my last week of summer vacation alone.  The lil one comes back to us on Friday and a week later school starts.  She will be going back to in person learning (thank god!) and life around here will return to normal.............. So this is my last week to recharge and relax - hopefully Mother Nature will cooperate and give me sunny hot days................ 

7 comments:

  1. How pretty Morningstar!

    Sorry about the dinner and pain...sigh that's no fun!

    I hope the week is blissful and fun!

    Hugs
    Boo

    ReplyDelete
  2. the Little One is going to back to school in August?? I thought Ontario began aftrer Labour Day (traditiional) - oddly I was at that restaurant - absolutely LOVELY staff but gotta admit, NOT impressed with the food -we went for the Mexican -it wasn't that it was BAD more a case of being utterly bland!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No selkie she goes back after Labour Day but is with us from this Friday on so my ' holiday' is over

      We haven't tried the Mexican but have heard the same comments about bland food. The spatzle was awful at least by my taste buds but we thoroughly enjoyed their schnitzel

      Delete
  3. Hope the sciatica gets better. Love the ladybirds

    Prefectdt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Morningstar, Sounds like a busy time! Glad you managed a date night and the ladybugs look awesome.

    Sorry to hear about the sciatica, hope it eases and that you have a wonderful last week.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is everything OK with you, morningstar? It's been a while

    Prefectdt

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for date night and i love the ladybugs. They're adorable.

    Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts