It's early morning (again) .......... before the alarm early....... and I am enjoying my first cup of coffee of the day - and the peace and quiet.
I was also thinking how calm I am............. for a change. It is 4 days until everyone descends on the lil condo for our Christmas Eve celebrations...... and it seems that the preparations are coming along according to schedule.
I keep running through my head the list of To Do's still left to do...........
* wrap eldest daughter's gift
* wrap ex-husband's gift (yes he comes for Christmas and all high holidays)
* wrap a few gifts I have for staff at school
* bake the mini cup cakes
* bake the chocolate / peanut butter brownies (instead of Nanimo squares this year)
* prepare the casseroles (probably Friday night)
* do one last grocery run - probably today
* get hair cut - definitely today
* ice and decorate the mini cupcakes - the peanut butter chocolate brownies - the Empire biscuits
* distribute the gifts / cards to staff at school
* wash my one and only "decent" pair of pajamas for pajama day on Thursday
* give the house one last quick clean -
* remember to charge the battery for the camera!
And that's about it..........
Usually I have lists all over the house - post-it notes stuck to the fridge.. the pantry ... the computer - my forehead !! But not this year. This year it just seems orderly and organized - all by it's self. It does help that I seem to have more energy than I have had for many years.......... which is a very good thing. (like this morning while my coffee was dripping - I cleaned the chicken off the bones for one of my infamous casseroles - chicken I might add - that was cooked last evening when I got home from work)
Yup Christmas is coming - the goose is getting fat - and I may just be ready for it's arrival - for once !