Thursday, December 29, 2011

Sick puppy


Ok I give up... give in... admit it... I AM SICK.  

I thought a couple of days of babying myself - you know - staying in pjs - drinking lots of warm fluids (except I wasn't thirsty) - having chicken soup - taking Tylenol ........... and then magically I would be better !!!

Well it would appear this bug I have doesn't work that way.......... 

And as usual - I do NOT have time to be sick........... 

I have already missed W's birthday............. I have promised him a dinner and night to remember come Saturday....... On Sunday we are having about 20 people over for a "Kinky Open House"..... 

I have groceries to buy - cooking to do - a house to clean.......... 

I do NOT have time to be down with some stupid mystery bug.......(which truthfully isn't all that mysterious - and is probably only a cold - a BAD one though - probably a MAN cold)

Though I have to admit (cause ya know I HAVE to look for the silver lining) that this  'cold' sick is so much better than last year's 'hospital I am dying' sick. 


AND being sick has given me the excuse I needed to curl up with my Kobo and read read read.... I finally gave in and got The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo (as well as the other 2 books in the series) ......... I will say that on my Kobo I don't have to look at the cover - which I mentioned the other day was the reason I hadn't bought the book in the first place....


Today though - no Kobo (at least not until I drop) - no today I am gonna make an effort to get some groceries and maybe even do a little baking........ 


But for right now.... I am gonna take more Tylenol - drink my coffee (hey that counts as warm liquids !!) and play around with The Journey (cause I have decided come the New Year I want a new look - more oriental again)............and pretend I am not a Sick Puppy.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:02 am

    Hope you feel better soon! Pace yourself and wear a mask when baking, you don't want to pass on those 'ugly sick germs'! wishing you well.
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you're ailing. Take some Buckley's, cancel your engagements, leave the dust in your abode the hell alone, go to bed and stay there. Don't spread the plague.

    (Especially when you're not finished with Larrson's trilogy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Buffalo.
    Buckley's kills anything and everything!lol
    That and the rest of the trilogy is a must! =)

    Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would almost agree with Buffalo with one exception, the Sat night dinner for me can wait until you are feeling 100% again... As for the Buckley's I think He is just giving you some nice fun..

    W

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok.. first of all..
    Buffalo - just cause kat makes you swallow that swill called Buckley's does not mean you can get me to ....

    especially if as Blazng says "Buckleys kills anything and everything" - it might just kill me quicker than this bug....

    and secondly -
    W I have every intention of pulling myself together for the weekend - I OWE you a birthday dinner.... at the very least :)

    Tylenol is my best friend right now.... handfuls and handfuls of it..

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts