Thursday, September 09, 2010
Confetti......... yeah confetti! I have had all these little colourful snippets of thoughts floating around in my head for days now.... I kept hoping one if not more than one would manifest itself into a half decent entry......... But it would seem these little bits of fluff aren't manifesting into anything more than a whole mess of white noise........
So......... in the hope that all that white noise will dissipate if I dump it here........
* is it a lie if someone promises one thing and then turns around and does something completely different?? should one trust someone like that... or is it just human nature ???? Maybe I put too much stock in promises....... in people's integrity....... Maybe I allow people's behaviours to disappoint me too much even when their behaviour has nothing to do with me directly.
* I was told that men think of sex and having sex every 7 minutes or something like that........ don't you think that could be controlled if they seriously wanted to?? and don't you think that is a sexist type of comment?? I wonder who did the research on that one. I wonder how often women think of sex.
* Egos - I was once accused of having an ego (not in a good way) and it has bothered me ever since. IF I do indeed have such an ego........ I want to get it under control - I don't believe having a BIG ego is a compliment. I have been examining my interactions and watching for any hint of ego...... if I don't see this ego - does that mean I do indeed have one.... or does it mean I don't have one
* Some people are so afraid of failure (or failing again) that they won't take a risk. It makes me sad. I wonder if I am ever so afraid of failing that I refuse to venture forth and take a gamble.
* Sometimes I feel like a kid in high school again..... watching the "in crowd" bustling around and feeling envious - but also glad I am not part of the group... I hate expectations.. and it seems to me.. being in the "in crowd" brings with it a whole mess of expectations.
* Some days I feel like an ass for opening my heart up (again and again) and finding out I probably misread the intent.
* The stupidest complaint I have received since starting work is "There are too many parents picking up children" ....... Am I supposed to shoot the extra parents??
* I like the term "pain slut" much much better than "masochist" .
White noise be gone !
Saturday morning Sir Steve and I were sitting out on the deck enjoying our morning coffee and browsing the net........ when he look...
I had the little one all last week -- for 10 hours a day alone. We worked out quite a routine..... after breakfast and getting dresse...