Tuesday, July 15, 2014

First Day of Adventures.......


Day one -

Now as much as everyone likes to tease me about organising/scheduling/mapping out holidays............ I am nothing like that really - and certainly not like that when the boys come to visit.

Yes yes I have lists of things to do and yes yes I sorta kinda tentatively put them in the calendar - Monday - museum A.... Tuesday -  drive in....  Wednesday - Toronto - well I am sure you get the idea................. BUT the activities and days were not carved in stone!!  I mean I have already had to cross off drive in - cause the weather is not supposed to be great this week - and today which is Tuesday and the day I tentatively scheduled drive - in ( TENTATIVELY  I said !) it is pouring rain........... le sigh

BUT getting back to yesterday and my non-scheduled day........ I had the Pump House Museum down and maybe the historical walk............. W and the boys decided the Marine Museum was a better choice - and the comic book store - and the big toy store Mastermind.......... 

Now there is a really good reason why I never aspired to being a sailor - I hate cramped spaces and narrow steep stairs............ even visiting a ship was a wee bit more than I could handle....but being a GREAT grandma I took a deep breath and ventured onto the ship ..........
day 59 of 365













(and please note - there were no cute sailors to spice up the tour - in fact there were no ugly ones either - just a deserted ghostly Coast Guard ship to explore............ )

Now the comic book store and the toy store didn't take nearly as long as anticipated and so we just managed to get to the historical walk with 5 minutes to spare before the last tour.............(see me doing a happy dance!)

Calvin Hobbes - the newsie - was our tour guide and was thrilled to have a "real" Calvin on her tour..........


 
the tour started at the train  



wound it's way past City Hall - the court house - the hanging park - and ended up - an hour later at a park with a statue of Sir John A MacDonald.






 The kids said they liked the tour - but the youngest said his feet hurt............ seeing as we walked (total for the day) about 3 - 4 hours yeah I guess his feet might hurt 

Home for the best pizza in town for supper and then we all collapsed on the sofa (grandma wishing it was bed time - cheeky grin)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts