Monday, December 17, 2007

Another Attack of the Grinch!

i am feeling just a tad 'grinchy' today - Sir said i was His house slave this weekend.. and i was... a slave to the house..... Saturday we had sunshine so i managed to get out and run messages and see the world.. but Sunday the snow moved in.. the same storm our American friends on the East Coast have been dealing with (nice of them to share - dontcha think??)

So the weekend was spent getting organised for Christmas....... wanna hear how much 'fun' i had?? (too bad if you said no cause this is my blog and i wanna bitch so bitch i will !!)

Let's see...... i made 3 dozen shortbread cookies.. 3 dozen English Toffee cookies.. a pan of mint flavoured tinted green Nanimo squares (a big hit around here at Christmas) .... 3 loaves of cinnamon bread (also called Christmas bread cause for some reason it is the only time of the year i make it!!) ........ i wrapped gifts till i ran out of gold wrapping paper and ribbon (and as the theme this year - YES i usually have themed Christmases - is gold.. i had to stop till i can get more gold paper !!) i did 3 loads of laundry ... i organized plans for a dinner party on the 26th .. i posted a holiday post to the Sunday Munch site.... i made the invitations for our annual Kinky New Years Day open house party... i talked to youngest daughter.. and oh yeah... got a call from my Principal early last evening cancelling school today so i then called all my staff to tell them the news.. (and anyone who knows my aversion to the telephone will understand what a chore that was!!!) oh and i nearly forgot.. i tried shoveling ........ what a waste of time.. my poor lil reindeer in the front garden was completely buried.. i unburied him .. i shoveled the steps and pathway and behind my car ........ and this morning i can't see my steps or pathway.. can't see my lil reindeer.. and i haven't ventured far enough out yet to see if my car is even visible............

House slave is right............ and oh yeah.. all the while i was in the kitchen baking and cooking and basically making a HUGE mess.. i got to look at Sir's contribution to the Christmas decorations - which He (Himself - the old grinch) put on the shelf over the sink in the kitchen..............

now don't that just make ya feel all warm and fuzzie and Christmasy??!!!


So today there is no school..... and a mountain of snow to shovel...... and gold wrapping paper to buy .....IF i dare to venture out ....... and exactly 30 hours till i am sitting in the surgeon's office............. trust me i don't need a day of quiet today .. i would much rather be at school with gobs of people around me talking and fussing.. would much rather be dealing with kids and kids' problems then sitting here for the next 30 hours thinking......... i have given myself every damn pep talk one can give oneself.. and then some... i have thought positive.. i have reviewed the scan results - nothing .. clear.. perfect !!! i have heard the surgeon saying - off handedly as she left the office - "don't worry" i have read and re-read the symptoms for cancer so many times i could recite them backwards........ and none of it helps.... the butterflies are here to stay for the next 30 hours i guess...

i made myself a promise (a silly promise i guess ) i said if i get a clear bill of health then i am gonna treat myself to a bottle of Bailey's Irish Cream. Normally i do not drink...... but every once in a while i do have an Irish coffee.. and this Christmas i said i was gonna buy some Bailey's - IF i get a clear bill of health......... and that bottle of Bailey's is burning a hole in my psyche .. i wish i hadn't made that promise.. i wish i had just gone out and bought the damn thing.. because now for some stupid reason it is bugging me.. do i get a bottle or don't i ?? like a kid who wonders if Santa is gonna leave any gifts cause they just aren't sure if they have been bad or good........... i know i know it is damn silly ..... but that is the mind set i am in right now......

And i have to add a BIG thank you to all of you ..every one of you who have left comments or have written to me in email to send me positive vibes.. good wishes.. and strength to get through whatever happens tomorrow........ each and every one of them have brought tears to my eyes......... i know .. deep deep inside me. that i will face whatever comes.. and deal with it...... and it will be a whole lot easier doing it knowing so many folks i have never met are pulling for me...... thank you again.

So enough rambling.. enough spitting and hissing and being 'grinchy' .. there is a pile of snow waiting for me...



2 comments:

  1. First of all, good vibes, good wishes and fingers crossed for everything to come out perfectly.

    Um. Secondly, can I have your recipes for the shortbread,English toffee cookies and the green-colored, mint-flavored Nanimo squares?!? The cinnamon bread is outta my reach, but I bet I can make the best.

    If I do make it to Montreal this summer, I expect you there...nice and healthy. *g*

    Much love and well wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm does that mean snow angels what fun. Sound like more of an elfish day than Grinch . I have Baileys at home so you are welcome for a drink when you get the news!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts