Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Becoming a Pro

A month or so ago I contacted the same moving company that moved me here to Kingston then moved me out of W's house and into my apartment and told them I was moving again.  Yes again -- that's 3 moves in 4 1/2 years.  I am becoming a pro.

The other two moves I had the movers do everything - pack and move me.  This time I decided there was no rush and definitely no full time job so I would pack myself.  I thought after 2 moves I would be a pro at packing.  Nah not so much.  I have spent the last two days packing up my stuff....... despite downsizing before each move I still seem to have mounds of 'stuff'.




11 boxes and still going strong! and I am pooped.

Yesterday afternoon while I was packing up books and photo albums I pulled out a large red one that didn't ring any bells.  I opened it.......... 



And memories flooded back.   It was so much more than a photo album -- it was a scrapbook my two girls made me for my 60th birthday.  I went through it like I was seeing it for the first time...... there were pictures of me when I was a baby right through to my birthday -- there were pictures of my girls and my grandchildren and my furbaby grandkids.  And there was a letter from each girl to me.  I took the letters out and reread them... and cried.  Beautiful words from beautiful women -- I hardly recognised the woman they were describing.

These last few months have been such a period of growth and change for me..... I am seeing life and myself differently... I am growing and improving and maybe becoming the woman and mother my girls wrote about........... 

And that is indeed a very good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts