Saturday, May 20, 2017

Closing the Book







This is a BIG weekend!

Tonight Sir Steve and I are heading off to a barbeque munch at a friend's house.  Most of the people that have stood beside me -- propped me up when I needed propping -- laughed with me and played with me -- will be there.  It will be my chance to say my "good byes".  Some of the goodbyes will most likely be pretty tearful.  But all of these people will be in my heart forever.

Then Sunday we are loading up my car -- locking the door on the apartment -- and I will be following Sir Steve down the 401 to our new life together.  For the next few weeks I will be staying with him until my new home is ready and my furniture arrives.  

I thought I would have more emotions about leaving Kingston.   But there are so many reasons to close the book on this city.  Despite the fact that Kingston has been a fun city for the last 4 years .... it has brought me much sadness too.... and it never felt like home -- I was alone here -- far from my family and their loving support.  My new city of choice holds adventure for me -- new places to explore -- almost 2 hours closer to my family -- my own lil home with a front yard -- and of course (big grin) Sir Steve.  So I close the book willingly with little regret.

I used to fear change - but not these days.  I have grown so much over the last 2 years -- discovered I am much stronger than I ever believed...  much more confident than I ever thought possible -- and I have come to realize that life is meant to be lived to the fullest.

And I have every intention of living the fullest life possible  -- and that dear readers is a VERY good thing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts