Sunday, May 15, 2011

Losing my mind





Ok........ so Friday the School Board informed me that I was going to have to on EI for the sumer - which, truthfully, is just not do-able financially for me.  I was more than a little bummed  - let me tell you.  

I like being home... I can't say I have been bored...... and with spring here and summer around the corner - I wasn't thinking about work.

After Friday's news I decided I had better start thinking about going back to work and somehow balancing doctor's nonsense and work schedules.

But then today something brought home that it was time to go back to work - more than financial.

The vet clinic where I took squirt and then miss ashes - has been undergoing a lot of renovations.  The place has been upside down.  This week I got an invitation to their grand opening, on Saturday May 14th!!  Guests would be able to see behind the scenes - the ICU unit, the cat hotel, the dog hotel, the adoption center, and the pet center.  There were going to be gift bags and raffles and well all sorts of fun.

So today - after lunch I got dickied up and off I went to the Grand Opening.  When I got there I couldn't believe there were so few cars.  When I went in there was no one around.  I asked the reception what happened to the open house??? She looked at me for a second and said "the open house was yesterday - Saturday"  I took a breath and realized that today was Sunday!!!

Driving home - with some egg on my face - I realized that all 7 days look the same to me......... Monday - Sunday no difference.  Going back to work is a necessity.


I am losing my mind in this blissful peaceful place called sick leave.

1 comment:

  1. Ordalie10:33 pm

    "I was going to have to on El for the summer": ahem! Isn't there something missing in this sentence?

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts