Friday, May 21, 2010

tick tock tick tock


At 5:00 this morning when my eyes popped open I thought it is Friday. Finally. The start of a busy weekend....... YAY

I threw myself into work....... pushed and focused on the piles of paper ... talked to more lawyers ... didn't look at the clock once ..... (well not really) so when I did glance at it.. I figured my day would be almost done.......... wrong.... it was only 11:00 am and I still had 2 hours to go..... woe's me.

Once home I was fidgeting...... looking at the clock every 5 minutes it seemed... so I took myself outside with shovel and shears and rakes and set to trimming the front bushes, digging the front gardens... pulling up weeds.... making it all neat and tidy and pretty looking. I even came in and made myself some food........ looked at the clock and there was 3 and a half hours till I had to be ready to go. MY GOD!!!

Ok.. so be smart.. go lie down and have a nap. Yup a nap will pass the time. And since my "I want to die" virus...... I have mastered napping.. got it down to a fine art. I even set the timer to make sure I didn't nap toooooooooo long.

Well yes I napped... and opened my eyes and peered at the clock. Figured my eyes must be more than a little blurry from my nap........put on my glasses and discovered............ I had only napped for 20 minutes.........

So now I sit and listen to the clock taunting me.. slowly beating out a tattoo of tick tock tick tock......... 2 more hours........ what an impossibly long day........

tick tock tick tock.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts