Now Sir says (when i get home) how was it.. and i tell Him.. and He kept mumbling that He was in BIG trouble.. and dear god forgive me.... but i was thoroughly enjoying His discomfort... HE even offered to get ME a tylenol for my headache !!!! Sir bought a new barbecue........ and had taken steaks out for dinner.... So here i am in this bridal shower mood... and... i think to make amends .. Sir offers to make dinner... barbecue the dinner.. i am floored.. amazed.. shocked.. speechless. Sir Make Dinner??!!! Do you think i am gonna pass this up?? not on your life......... of course there was the addendum that i would come outside and act as "adviser"
Now i ask you.. how could i pass up an offer like that... a chance to boss Sir around......
Anyway this pretty much describes my night off from cooking...
Definition of Barbecuing ... It's the only type of cooking a "real man" will do.
When a man volunteers to do the 'BBQ' the following chain of events are put into motion:
- The woman goes to the store.
- The woman fixes the salad, vegetables, and dessert
- The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray along with the necessary cooking utensils, and takes it to the man, who is lounging beside the grill, beer in hand.
- The man places the meat on the grill.
- The woman goes inside to set the table and check the vegetables.
- The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is burning.
- The man takes the meat off the grill and hands it to the woman.
- The woman prepares the plates and brings them to the table.
- After eating, the woman clears the table and does the dishes.
- Everyone praises man and thanks him for his cooking efforts.
- The man asks the woman how she enjoyed "her night off."
And, upon seeing her annoyed reaction, concludes that there's just no pleasing some women.