Wednesday, October 19, 2016
Yesterday was an ok day -- just ok.... but certainly better than Monday. My muscles hurt cause flight or fight response tends to put a strain on your muscles -- especially when it goes on for hours.
I managed to go out to the gym -- then back home - lock the doors - feel safe. Do my deep breathing exercises and thought exercises that go like this........
1. Describe 5 things you see in the room.
2. Name 4 things you can feel (“my feet on the floor” or “the air in my nose”)
3. Name 3 things you hear right now (“traffic outside”)
4. Name 2 things you can smell right now (or 2 smells you like)
5. Name 1 good thing about yourself
#5 is always tough -- especially when I feel like I am being a baby! And all I want is someone to put their arms around me and tell me everything is going to be ok.
I managed to go out after lunch and get cat food for dear Miss Ashes....... and I bought myself some pretty red nail polish for the upcoming weekend. Fingers crossed I might just get to go to a play party with Hands and CG..... maybe......... god willing and the creek don't rise (as my father used to say)
"Tomorrow" was better -- and hopefully the next tomorrow will be even better ............