Friday, November 27, 2015

Wait !! Wait!!



UGH!!  I slept in this morning............ I NEVER sleep in!!! and what a panic I was in... it was 8:20am ....... I couldn't believe my eyes!!  Even Missy the cat was sitting on my night table starring at me...... when I opened my eyes she yipped at me in that tone she gets and stalked out of the bedroom as only a cat can.

I jumped out of bed and dashed around ....... finally settled on the sofa with my coffee and the computer -- took a breath and realized it really didn't matter if it was 8:20 or 6:20.  I don't have a set in stone schedule !!  (though I do like going to the gym for 9:30)  My heart slowed to a normal rate and I mentally looked at what I had planned for the day.

1) go to the gym
2) .......................................

Ummmmm so seeing as the only thing on the agenda is going to the gym and seeing as there is no one at the gym checking my arrival time............ what's the panic??

I could ........... COULD .. skip the gym -- have a lazy day........... 

BUT nope I have given up lazy days - except for the weekends.  It does my soul good to follow a routine.  And besides I am working so damn hard to do 5 days a week - 10,000 steps a day - I am not gonna make excuses just cause I slept in!!

I know why I slept in.

At 3:00am sharp - my eyes popped open and I started planning Christmas menus........ what to take to Montreal for Christmas Eve - what to make for the Open House on New Year's Day - what time to hold the party on New Year's day ....... maybe 7 to whenever is better - don't have to worry/stress over feeding unknown numbers of people dinner.....going over my baking list (whittling it down - way down from past years) ... checking my shopping list - only a couple of things left to purchase - when to buy the foods for the parties - how soon - do I have space to freeze it all......... the list of questions was endless.  I gave up and went to the living room and sat on the sofa and let my brain do it's wanderings........... Missy the cat sat looking at me like I had lost my mind.  

At 3:30 am I started yawning and realized how stupid this all was.......... not unusual for me .. I do tend to get so excited for Christmas that my sleep patterns get all screwed up for a month or so before the festivities........ always been that way - guess it always will. It's not a bad thing (not great - but not bad) I am excited and loss of sleep just goes hand in hand with that excitement ............. 

AND at least now - I can sleep in - my schedule is mine to tweak and adjust to fit my immediate needs - just so long as I get to the gym and do my 10,000 steps in a day........ 

Another positive to living alone - being the "boss of me"............

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts