Monday, November 30, 2015

25 Days

There are 25 days (give or take a day) till Christmas.  

And as planned I spent a part of the weekend decorating my lil apartment.  I have always - well since the girls were small - had a Christmas theme.  This year I decided to go "glam" - so silver and white is the theme.  As much as possible the apartment is done up in silver and white.

When I dragged all the containers of decorations out - Missy the cat had to get in on the confusion.............. she really just wanted to help !!!  (yeah right!)



Come take a little walk around with me..........

The Front door announces the Silver and White (I think)



Then as you look down the hallway to the living room/dining room - there are silver branches adorned with white lights - and I filled the vase with silver balls.



Then the dining room has a silver table cloth and silver candles - and white snowflakes hanging from the china cabinet........



The bathroom has Christmas hand towels and a bowl filled with silver balls and a white and silver candle - for those stress relieving bubble baths........








Even the guest room is decked out with my Christmas houses...........



And finally - the crowning glory - the Tree - complete with silver and white balls - and sparkly silver and white tree skirt.........



It was a mixed bag of emotions decorating - by myself.  I found myself feeling sad at times - but I worked hard to see the joy that will be my Christmas this year - mostly cause I get to spend time with my children for 4 days or so........... and will be having friends in on New Year's day - to celebrate the beginning of the New Year - celebrating the start of a new life for me - celebrating my new home.

But I won't try and pretend that there wasn't the occasional heart pangs.......... and some anger.  BUT that is not for today - today is for sharing the joy of Christmas......... 

1 comment:

  1. Your apartment looks lovely! You are an inspiration to us older women as you leave negativity behind and focus on moving forward with your life. Wishing you all the joy and love of the holiday season.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts