Monday, June 08, 2015

Fairy Wings

Just spread your wings and let the fairy in you fly

I headed off bright and early on Saturday for my adventure - my drive to Toronto alone.......

Now it isn't a difficult drive - you get onto the 401 - point the car facing west and drive.... my GPS told me I should arrive at 1:00 - which would give me an hour to grab something to eat - use a bathroom - and get to the shower by 2:00.

Except....

Just after Port Hope about 30 minutes from my destination - the 401 closed down.  No warning - no herding traffic off the highway -  Nope.  Just come to a full stop.  Put the car in park and wait.

For 2 1/2 hours

People were visiting in the middle of the 401 at 1:00 on a Saturday afternoon - on the one highway that crosses Canada from coast to coast ........... partying/talking/complaining because there was nothing else TO do - for 2 1/2 hours.

At 1:50 I called my sister in law and told her I was gonna be late (DUH!)  She suggested I take the next off ramp - guess she didn't get the principal of parked.

It was an experience - one I could easily do without ever repeating.

I got to the shower at 3:30............. stressed and tired and needing to pee so badly I was doing the pee dance and not having eaten anything........... 

However - it was a good party - that stretched into the night or wee hours of Sunday morning.  

When I woke at 6:30 (after only a handful of hours sleeping) i quietly left the house and went for a walk - found my way to down to Lake Ontario and did some navel gazing... 

I would like - I wish - I had what my brother has......... oh not the material things (and he does have a whack of that) no I wish I had the relationship he has with his wife - 30 years married and they are still best friends........... that's pretty special I think.  And I think I am a little jealous............ 

The drive home was a whole lot less stressful.. put the car back on the 401 heading east this time .......... and managed to make it all the way home in just over 2 hours.  

Safe and sound

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

just a couple of pictures from my early morning walk - taken with my cell (don't ask why!!)













 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts