Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Puddles and lakes

You won't believe what we have been dealing with for the last 48 hours (and still dealing with - if I am honest)

W had a new total home system put in the house for heating and cooling in the spring,  On Monday W went into the crawl space (where this system is installed) to find some more train boxes AND the language that came out of that crawl space would curl your hair.  I was shocked - I realized I honestly have never seen W REALLY pissed off.  

The new system was leaking water all over the floor - and we now had a small swimming pool in the basement!!!  He immediately called the company - who explained very nicely that they were over booked and couldn't possibly send anyone out for 24 hours!!!  WTF???!!  24 hours of water filling the basement was not serious enough for them to send someone immediately???? 

So yesterday - Canada Day - when I would have loved to have W come with me to the parade - he was stuck at home waiting for the service guy.  The service guy showed up as I was leaving for the parade - and the outcome from his visit - there was a part / or hadn't been installed properly or something.  Now we have a big wet mess and the possibility of mold ........ughhhhhhh...and they are not coming back with any solutions to our clean up problem................

Anyway - that was the lake ........... the puddles came from me going to the Canada Day Parade.  It was so hot here ... with very high humidity (I think it was near 40 Celsius or 104 Fahrenheit  with the humidity.  AND I just found out water boils at 40 celsius!!)

Kingston does a different type of parade - they call it a "People Parade".  Everyone is encouraged to wear red and white and march in the parade.  I had fun taking photos but  was more than happy to beat it home to the air conditioning when it was over.......... 

So for your viewing pleasure - and day 50 of 365 here are some... SOME .... of the pictures I took.

 
The Town Crier opened / led the parade.........


My favourite theater group the Sir John A MacDonald troupe was there - honestly I think they are starting to believe I am stalking them ........














And then the people...... big and small .. young and old....... and even the animals/pets were included...............

hey Buffalo - I thought of you when I saw all the bikers - and my god there were a lot of them!!!


    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts