Friday, September 02, 2011

I survived






Well the first 3 days of school are over........ and I survived !!!  But it's more than survived... I enjoyed it.... 

W has been trying for years and years to teach me to stand up for myself.. to stop people from demanding more and more from me.... and I don't know - it feels like all his lessons finally took.

I haven't let the principal walk over me.. I have jokingly made her listen to me.. more than listen.. HEAR me...

I have told one staff member that she is disrespecting me and I don't like it and it will stop........ 

I told another staff member that I am in charge and she will please do what I ask.. and if she can't................. well I let the ending just kinda hang there.. let her figure it out...

I have put in 10 hour days for 3 days straight - and didn't even need a nap when I got home !!!

I have successfully kept stress from crossing my office threshold.......

BUT 

I think the very best part of this week........... best ever... the reason I do this job........ is the number of kiddies who hugged me and told me they were glad I was back......... 

And I am............ back......... stronger than ever.

5 comments:

  1. Well Done !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Happy New Year!

    hugs, swan

    ReplyDelete
  3. "the number of kiddies who hugged me and told me they were glad I was back......... "

    THAT makes all the other crap worthwhile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ordalie11:32 pm

    W is a caring soul, I wish I had had someone like him in my life, urging me to stop being a doormat in my job (the same as yours).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:59 am

    High five!
    And a hug :P

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts