Thursday, January 27, 2011

Doctor Doctor - part 2






Ok so here's the scoop........

Saint Warren came and spent the night here last night so he could get me to a 9:00 a.m. appointment with the surgeon.  

Basically by the time I saw the doctor I hadn't eaten since Sunday night.  I was weak - to put it mildly.  But the pain in my gut from eating was so severe I couldn't force anything down myself.  

The Doctor gave me a once over - listened to my tale - and basically told me that everything I was experiencing was part and parcel of having your gallbladder out - well for some people.  He told me I have to drink lots and lots..... I HAVE to eat.... he wants me out walking at least once a day..... and he gave me pills to manage the pain in my gut.  
I took one pill with my breakfast when I got home and it was like a miracle - the pain in my gut started to dissipate.  Warren made me a tortilla wrap sandwich for lunch and it tasted like heaven - especially knowing there wouldn't be the pain.

So I am home.  I don't see the surgeon again until the 16th of February.   If nothing else this whole experience will teach me patience - hopefully??!!!

4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry that this is turning into a difficult road to recovery for you. On the other hand, I am very glad that the doctor believes that this is not serious. I know that it is hard to stay quiet and wait for the healing to happen. If I could find any extra bits of patience lying around here, I'd happily box it up and send it to you.

    Hugs, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am knot a Saint far from it,just someone that cares to get you back on your feet sooner than later...

    Warren

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that you saw your doc and that this is normal for you ~~

    I guess patience is that virtue you will just have to embrace!
    Take it easy and feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear that you are back on the mend and things are looking up. hugs
    saffy

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts