Saturday, June 06, 2015

Spreading my wings............

  
I was at a munch last evening - talking to some folks - and I realized just how much growth I have done - and am continuing to do......... 

Last week I drove to Ottawa and visited with my daughter for a week...... I have never driven to Ottawa alone before - EVER - in my life! 

Today I am driving to Toronto - to my brother's - for a wedding shower.  My nephew is getting married at the end of the month.  I have never - EVER - driven to Toronto by myself before.

And at the end of the month - I am driving to Barrie for the wedding.  I have never - EVER - driven to Barrie before - with anyone - never mind by myself.

After 15 years of being his submissive - of not really thinking just for myself - not even picking meals for myself - not picking clothes without thinking about whether he would approve - not going anywhere by myself - not driving anywhere by myself - always feeling like my plans had to be approved - my friends were his friends - plans with friends always included him.......... suddenly I am free to do as I please.. when I please.. how I please.  

It hasn't been an easy transition.  There are times I feel guilty when I go off with friends and he stays home.  It's one of the things they don't tell you about being submissive/slave - how difficult the transition is back to being YOU - not just someone's property.  But I am here to tell you - it can be done!  Every little step forward is difficult - but it can be done...........

Just spread your wings and let the fairy in you fly - there's an adventure out there waiting for you.............
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts