Friday, February 27, 2015

Into the light........

In case you didn't know this interesting / irrelevant fact about me - I am quite literal.

The challenge from my photography group was "Playing with light".  Well I have tried light painting and tried to capture the tail lights of cars/street lights in a long line of light with little or no success.  (that is playing with light in my mind )

Now because it has been averaging -30 around here (with wind chill) I had no desire to stand out on a street corner trying to capture tail lights/street lights....... or to try and paint with light ............... I was stymied

For all of 5 minutes !!

I decided to play with light bulbs.

I took one light bulb - only one!!  and took a serious of shots changing the white balance and the settings and just about anything else I could change......... 

Here are the results..........















and then just for fun I edited the above picture to this....




and then I searched for a non-frosted light bulb .........





 
 
Before I got hung up on light bulbs I did take a couple of other shots.........





This one is a night light ............


And that was my submission for "playing with light" - most of the others took pics of their animals lying in the sunshine - the sun shining through ice  - that sort of thing...... it continues to amaze me how we each interpret the challenges.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts