Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Weekend in Review

Well it was an interesting weekend for sure........ 

On Friday I went with Sir to his doctor's appointment and then we went out to lunch to our favourite hamburger joint (which is no joint!)  and spoiled ourselves with hamburgers and milk shakes - to celebrate my negative test results and Valentine's day.

And of course it snowed again........ 

On Saturday Sir mumbled something about his insulin...... I asked him to repeat it .. and it turned out he had accidentally taken his night dose instead of his morning dose.  He seemed calm enough about it so I went about doing whatever it was I was doing.

A short while later I heard him on the phone. Now as it was before 9am I figured something must be wrong.  Sir had called the health hot line and explained what had happened with his insulin.  They advised him to go to the hospital..................

I scrambled to dig a path to the car and to clear the front of the driveway so we could get out....... and then off we went to Emergency..........



Sir says I was a basket case - honestly I thought I was pretty calm.  I figured if anything was gonna go wrong the best place to be was at the hospital.

I was impressed with how quickly they processed him through - tested his blood - and got him into a room in Emerg.  We had to hang around for a couple of hours - testing his blood every hour.... and when it appeared that it wasn't gonna drop too low............. they sent us home with instructions what to do should it suddenly bottom out..........

I did stress a little bit - when we got home and Sir insisted helping me dig out the rest of the driveway and the walkway.  (le sigh) I was worried too much exercise would lower his sugars even more.. but thankfully he survived the shoveling and had a good lunch which settled the sugars down ............

That was a Valentine's day for the books !!!
 

Sunday was a quiet lazy day............. which I totally enjoyed.  And the best part - it hasn't snowed since Friday - so we haven't had any shoveling to do....... it really is enough now!!  We have run out of room to put the damn stuff.  (and yes I know there are lots of places who have it 10x worse than we do)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts