Saturday, September 28, 2013

Values



Sometime last year I put out some feelers to see if this new community we had moved to would be interested in having a sub group.... a group that would meet once a month (or so) to discuss topics suitable for submissives... not a group for gossip...not a group for Dom bashing (or sub bashing either for that matter) ... just a group to support each other in our struggles/journey with submission.

Today is our 4th meeting.  Our topic is "Values".

Just for the record -
"values define the principles and standards which determine the extent to which human action or conduct is right or wrong. They encompass a wide range of universally accepted character traits such as compassion, kindness, humility, and loyalty " (to name just a few)

I know - personally - my value system is the same - the exact same - in my vanilla life as in my BDSM life.  But I suspect that there are some (maybe more than some) who have two separate sets of moral values - and I am guessing that the BDSM values may have a lower standard.  

I can't help but wonder if folks ever think about their life in kink framed by some set of values. 

As I sat outside in my quiet garden this morning - thinking - musing - I realized that my values are pretty basic - Honesty, trust, compassion, loyalty, these are some of the values I live by.

And the joke has always been (and probably always will be)  "in morningstar's world" this that and the other thing would never happen.  And it confuses the hell out of and annoys me when I see basic values (at least in my world) being thrown out the window for an hour or two of fun.   I think that is why I often feel I don't know "the rules of the game"...  why I feel more than a little lost and confused at public events.  Why more times than not - I just want to leave and run home to the safety of our lil home.  

So this afternoon's meeting will be educational for me.  Perhaps I will learn the "rules of the game" so to speak.  Get a handle on how others view Values and their importance in life - both in and out of the BDSM world.

And maybe - just maybe - this discussion will in some small way help me with my "Crisis"


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts