Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Take a stroll with me

This is a form of "Home Corners".. except it isn't my home. i took my staff out for lunch today to celebrate a successful year (ok ok i am 12 days early .. but hey!! who knows if i will still be upright by the 29th!!) to my favourite restaurant.. on my favourite street.. in my favourite little town...........

So come stroll with me .. in the bright June sunshine................



This is "main street" filled with restaurants.. bistros and antique shops....... this lil street is dead as a door nail in the winter.. but comes alive with the first signs of warm sunshine...........



This is the old movie house.......... where you used to be able to see a second run movie for a buck......... then for a short time it was a club... then a short run as a live theatre.. now it sits empty.. full of memories and cobwebs...........



The red awning is Cunningham's Pub..... owned and operated by a couple of our friends ......... they make good old fashioned meals.. and probably the best steak and kidney pie since my mom made it....... and it was where our celebration luncheon was held....




This glorious view is just across the street from Cunningham's.. there is a pathway along the water's edge that is filled on hot summer evenings with people strolling along licking ice cream cones.. or others sitting on the bistro patios sipping cool summer drinks.. ...

the boats dock along the side and their crews spill over onto the "boardwalk" and join the summer throngs...........

This is just part of what makes my summers special.........


2 comments:

  1. I appreciate being invited along on the walk. It would be neat to reopen the theater to run classics of all eras, art films, and foreign films.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see Buffalo & i are on the same page ...
    What is it about old theaters?
    As soon as I read that the theater was now closed, I instantly thought of how nice it would be to re-open and run classic films.

    What a lovely place to go and take a stroll!
    Thank you for taking us on a 'tour'.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts