Monday, October 22, 2018

History









Since the announcement of our engagement -- some folks have said "that was quick"... 

Time for a little history lesson (grinning)

Sir Steve and I have known each other for over 10 years.  When I first met him he was married........ This was back in the days of play parties every weekend.... I was single at the time and looking for a play partner with no strings -- or expectations -- attached.   Sir Steve and his wife became my play partners... sometimes it was Sir Steve -- sometimes both of them -- and rarely just his wife.  Then on Sunday they would come and spend the afternoon with me and we'd drink coffee and solve the great mysteries of the world.

After weeks of playing together I realized I was developing some serious feelings for Sir Steve............ but I am an honourable woman and would never EVER do anything to act on those feelings with a married man.... we were friends only.

When his marriage imploded -- quickly and without much warning -- we went our separate ways.  BUT BDSM is a community ... and I would get news on both of them and the different directions their lives went.

Then Sir Steve met the lil one's mom... oh the gossip in the community!!!  She didn't have the best reputation -- was a bit of a gold digger so I heard.....shrug... his life was moving along and I was happy for him.  

We still bumped into each other at munches and play parties... I even got to meet the lil one when she was just a babe in arms..... 

It turns out that Sir Steve kept his ears open for news about me -- much the same way as I did for him.... and he has told me he fussed a bit with some of the decisions I made.  

BUT we weren't meant to be ya know...... he had made a life for himself with someone else and I had gone back to the man who had been my Dom....I closed the book and moved on.

Then two years ago........ out of the blue........ Sir Steve contacted me on Facebook.  I was SO conflicted!!  BUT he only wanted to be friends again....... what could happen right?? We talked for a couple of months via messenger... and then he convinced me to stop for coffee on one of my trips to Montreal....... even then I didn't make it easy for him.... in November I agreed to meet him -- but on my way home -- and I warned him it would be early in the morning.  I texted him at 8 am and said 'I'll be there in an hour' and he met me !!!

More talking for another month and then just after New Year's he came to visit -- twice in one week !!  and the second visit lasted 2 1/2 days..... and that was it.... we were one.  We fit together like a puzzle.. complimenting each other.

He helped me heal -- did what was impossible for my therapist do (yes I was in therapy for a long time after the relationship with my Dom ended)    He gave me a whole new perspective of what a 'good submissive' could be... he held my hand and helped me grow -- helped me move forward....helped me heal.

And so it was -- after a only a few months of commuting between cities I decided to move .......... 

And here we are now -- engaged!

Wedding plans??? Sir Steve is still legally married to the lil one's mom...... he will have to get a divorce and neither of us have any illusions about how easy that is gonna be........... 

BUT

as I told him...... knowing he wants to marry me -- wearing his ring on my finger... having that commitment is all I really need ..... if the day comes when we can make it legal .. shrug... it'll probably be a quick visit to city hall (on a lunch hour -- grinning) 


 

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic news very happy to hear this. Congrats from a long term follower. Your blog is fantastic too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed reading this Morningstar and how you two got together. Interesting that you used to play with Sir Steve and his then wife.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts