Thursday, August 16, 2018

Two More Weeks..........








I woke up the other night and realized there are just 2 more weeks of full time camp life.  Then we head back to the city for the start of school.  The nice thing is I don't have to go 'cold turkey'..... we do spend 3 weekends here in September............. 

There's no denying the summer is coming to an end..... the mornings are chilly as I sit out on our deck with my morning coffee and the evening fires require socks and long pants.   

It has been (for the most part) a glorious summer!!  Lots of sun and heat and reading and campfires and barbecues and wine and rest.

It has been amazing to have eldest daughter and her husband camping just across the way from us.  We have shared weekend campfires, lots of laughs and the occasional adventure together.

As the season draws to an end -- I am already thinking about next summer -- and praying softly that Sir Steve and I are blessed enough to have many more happy summers here at the campgrounds together ...................

3 comments:

  1. Time passes so quickly sometimes. I hope you have many lovely summers together, wherever they may be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Morningstar, enjoy the rest of the summer. Why does it always seem to be the shortest season? LoL. Can't wait for it to arrive here!

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cling to summer as if I were falling off of a cliff holding on for dear life. Sure fall is beautiful here, but let's face it, summer is WAY better. Here is hoping fall lasts right into December!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts