Monday, June 11, 2018

Can we make a difference?







For the most part I am non-political -- both here on my blog and in real life.  

Most of what I read about the current political situation in the States and by default here in Canada just makes me shake my head.  

This new tariff thing that has everyone up in arms was/is just a continuation of the hoopla surrounding Trump.  (Sometimes his understanding of history and Canada simply boggles my mind)

BUT this morning I read an interesting article in MacLean's magazine..... if you want to read it first hand you can find it HERE.......

I have written to the head offices of both Walmart Canada and the Hudson Bay Company.  OH I'm pretty sure that my emails will barely cause a blip in their day..... but then if every Canadian wrote to them -- every Canadian stopped shopping Trump brands and supporting Trump industries -- there might be a blip........... 

Shrug

Today I just really felt the need to be a little bit political................ because I am a PROUD CANADIAN....... and feel the need to stand up to Trump and his cronies alongside our Prime Minister and our government.

7 comments:

  1. I did the same .... and actually have not shopped American generally speaking. Never been a fan of cross-border shopping as I have always preferred to shop closer to home and support local merchants. Wal-mart has always been on my DO NOT GO list, primarily because of how badly they treat employees (and their misogeney). I have also always tried to be aware of where what I buy comes from generally (i.e. actively researched to avoid contributing to companies that use overseas sweat shops, companies that experiment on animals etc)- so this is just more of the same. Glad to see others getting on the bandwagon though- as you say, if enough people speak, we will be heard! I feel bad for our American friends but now feel we will see much of the same due to the results of our very recent election.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I am an American....and just keep shaking me head at our leader, fearful of his next move. To make an enemy of your closest neighbor..and used to be friend...makes no sense...By the way, have been enable to access your blog, and then suddenly this morning I could...hmmm,,,hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:16 pm

    Friends don't charge friends a 270% tariff - 'eh?

    Carl H

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deena8:54 pm

    Can I apologize? As an American I am not only embarrassed, but I'm seriously scared.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:13 am

    The majority of Americans still consider Canada to be our well-liked and respected friend and ally. We do NOT support Trump (aka/cheeto mussolini) or his insane policies. Too many of us didn't vote or we wouldn't be in this mess.
    Income inequality is helping right wing politicians gain power across the world, not just in the US. We all need to wake up, pay attention, and vote!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The mind boggles!

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the article. Amazon, Hudson's Bay and Winners are our three favourites. I know HB carries Lord & Taylor brands, but thankfully I have never bought anything from that line. I will be extra careful to research any products I buy there, or find an alternate source.

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts