Thursday, April 19, 2018

Traditional Roles??





The other evening Sir Steve and I were watching television -- the lil one was playing happily in her room -- having a Teddy Bear Picnic actually.

All of a sudden we heard her screech my name "S***** THERE'S A SPIDER IN MY ROOM!!"  Just for your reference -- I am not a fan of spiders.  But having raised two daughters who were terrified of them I learned the art of grabbing a kleenix and scooping up the offending spider and flushing it. 

So when the lil one screeched for me to come and take care of her spider I did the same thing -- grabbed a kleenix -- scooped up the spider and flushed it.  She went back to happily playing with her teddy bears.

A few nights later -- the lil one wandered out to us with a bracelet in her hand.  "Daddy can you put my bracelet on please?" ........... and he did.

I sat there dumb founded.  

And then I started to giggle.

Talk about non-traditional roles -- *I* get to do the scary dirty work of disposing of spiders ......... and *Daddy* gets to play with jewelry.......... 

Life is good when the traditional roles change



(BUT -- does that mean she sees me as 'tougher' than Sir Steve?? - cheeky grin -- maybe the lil one will get him to wear a tiara for the next Teddy Bears Picnic!  -- cheekier grin)

1 comment:

  1. I have been off line with no internet for a couple of days and starting to catch up with blogland again now. I think I'll have to start from scratch rather than try and go back to all posts I have missed.

    LoL, that is funny, and kinda cute :) Bet you can't see any real reversal happening though :) Although the idea of Sir Steve in a tiara is funny lol

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts