Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Field Trip



Sir Steve came up with the brilliant idea to go to 'Pumpkin Inferno' in Morrisburg at Upper Canada Village on Saturday evening with his parents.  I have only been once before - in the rain and damp.  This Saturday was gorgeous  -- a clear night and so very mild that we didn't even need a sweater!

(and because I am still under the weather with this bug) I thought I would share some of the photos I took on Saturday evening.  Keep in mind that every single 'sculpture' is actually constructed of multiple pumpkins !!  You really have to see it to appreciate the work and the beauty.........



The entrance way..............  


 There are different themes inside -- the first one was dragon's lair............ 



This picture of the rainbow (reflected in the lake) has to be my favourite.......... 



There was a section of trees from each province -- I am sharing only a couple of the ones I took...........




There were sculptures of Canadian culture.........


and an actual art display.......  

AND 
it wouldn't be 'Upper Canada Village' without a cannon or two............

What an amazing time we all had!!  Now Sir Steve has plans to go to their Christmas display "Light at Night"..... I can hardly wait !!
 

2 comments:

  1. Wow that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I have been to Upper Canada Village only once, but this exhibition is well worth another trip.

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts