Thursday, June 08, 2017

A little bit guilty






Two years ago when I moved Angel was on holidays and volunteered to come help me unpack.  She worked with me for 2 1/2 days and we pretty much got the apartment settled.  BUT I felt a little guilty that she took those days from her holidays ...... holidays are supposed to be beaches and drinks with umbrellas and relaxation ya know.

Fast forward two years and now Sir Steve is on holidays and working like a dog painting my apartment to get it ready for my furniture's arrival.  Truthfully I couldn't do it without him.  The rooms have all these weird corners and there are beams in the ceilings..... and it means hours of 'cutting' before he can actually paint.  He is spending 8 - 9 hours a day painting ...... and is coming home exhausted.  

And again I am feeling a little bit guilty.

BUT I also feel very fortunate to have friends who are willing to give up their holidays to help me get my life moving forward easily.

Life is good when you have valued friends (and lovers - small smile)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts