Saturday, November 12, 2016

Disillusioned


I have been more absent from Fetlife than I have been present.  It's been a slow fading away.... and not a new thing for me.  I seem to lose my fascination with the noise that shows up as the written word over there. Mind you, in all honesty, I am not much of a social media person.

Over the years though I have watched feuds develop, bullying, sentimental clap trap, velcro collars (being collared one week and free the next) and mild hysteria over predators.  I have wrinkled my nose -- and bit my tongue. (ok ok I have from time to time voiced my opinion -- being the mouthy sub I am) I have also watched with some curiousity -- the new ones who show up and gush all over my feed.  I place bets with myself how long they will last before they go POOF in a cloud of smoke.

I have also watched with some dismay the changes in the community that I left behind........ clubs closing -- friends going private - that sort of thing.  


I have become disillusioned with the quality of Fetlife which is one of the reasons I am more absent than present.   But it wasn't a big disillusionment until the other day.

I stumbled across a comment about someone I have always respected....... followed that comment to other posts and was gob smacked.  A Top was accused of ignoring limits, of inappropriate behaviour.  I have played with this Top.  I went back over the play times.. examined closely what transpired -- asking myself did I miss something -- about him about his play........ and my answer was 'no'.

BUT this is not some accusation with no foundation.  The Top actually admitted to this. AND apparently it is going to court.

I sort of felt like someone told me there was no Santa Claus.  I mean if HE could screw up this badly ....... 

so yeah colour me disillusioned ........... totally and completely.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts