Monday, September 12, 2016

Noise Noise Noise

Sunday I did indeed pack up my camera and head off to the Multicultural Festival in town.  There were pavilions from so many different countries -- and different foods to try.

I wasn't too daring when I started my 'food tasting'.  Just daring enough that I picked vegetarian chinese noodles -- I ate about half --

then decided I really had to try something new and different....

This is from South America -- 



I only tried the pancake thingy -- called Pupusa -- fried dough with pork and cheese inside.  I thought it would have been spicier.... 

Then I had heard so much about these Greek donuts I went and picked one up......... 


Honestly it tasted like it was fermenting...... and I didn't like it all..... 

Food tasting completed I headed off camera in hand to shoot some of the sights..... I don't think I have ever taken so many photos of one event in my entire life... and it was difficult to only pick a few to share with you..... 


                                            Korea


                                             Nepal

                                             Japan 

And there were shows going on all the time.  My absolute favourite -- and I am so very glad I didn't miss it -- was the traditional Chinese Rain Dance....



it was breath taking!

After almost 4 hours I headed home.  In the car I kept thinking "I can't wait to get back to peace and quiet" So my self diagnosis on Saturday was right -- a few hours in the crowds did temporarily cure my "silence" complaints.

1 comment:

  1. knottylittlemonkey5:13 pm

    My Daughter In Law makes homemade pupusas. Oh My Gosh they are delicious. Hers are spicy so I am betting yours were prepared a bit blander for the general populous.

    Good for you trying so many new things!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts