Saturday, April 16, 2016

SLUT


Last night on Fetlife I saw that Angel had signed up for a "Slutwalk" in June.  I had heard of Slutwalks - but have never been on one,  

I have never been raped.

I have never had my consent violated.

BUT I have talked with women who have been raped
And I read more and more articles on FetLife about consent violation.

I am a protester from way back ........ hell I grew up during the Vietnam war - make love not war and flower children and burning your bra.  (yeah yeah most of you will probably have to google all that) 

But I stopped protesting a long time ago 

Something about this protest caught my attention.  OH I have heard about them in previous years - but I never did anything - it seemed to me something the young kids did..... 

This time I realized there are no age limits on rape or consent violation. and there are still men out there who honestly believe that the way a woman dresses indicates her consent!  Hell there was some bright spot on Fetlife a while ago who actually posted (I couldn't believe it) that women "ask for it" when they dress a certain way.... 

So yeah - I'm gonna make a sign -- I rather like the one above - and find my slutty-ist clothes (ok ok stop laughing Angel I know that will be a stretch!!) and go join a protest march in June........ 

Obviously there are still laws and attitudes to change!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts