Friday, December 11, 2015

Primal





The other day on Fetlife - I read a post on "Primal".  It was interesting in and of itself - but what surprised me was the emotions it aroused in me.  Memories flowed back - swamping me - taking my breath away - making my knees go weak.

Almost a year ago I played with a Dom who (and I wrote about this before) was an excellent match for the masochist side of me............ but during the scene I swore I heard a "growling" sound.  After the fact he owned up to the growling.......almost shyly.  I told him there was nothing to worry about - I had found it intriguing - almost "hot".  I had never played with anyone who "growled" before..............

Let's get something straight here - this "growling" wasn't put on - it was very real!  It was a gut reaction to the scene - something reached down deep inside of him and pulled out this primal instinct.  

The post on Fetlife got me thinking........ mostly about MY reaction to this primal sort of play.  It was violent - it was rough and .......... primal.  I can't come up with a better term.  But I wondered out loud (so to speak) in a comment on the piece - if the Top was primal what was the bottom??? 

I didn't feel primal - or did I??? 

Since then we have played a couple of times - each time we took this primal play to a new higher level.  Each time it left me weak kneed........ panting........... feeling vulnerable .. yet protected .... and definitely a little frightened of the responses from my body.....I can SO understand the Top's hesitancy to allow this primal being out.  
 
As the bottom to a primal Top - does that make me prey??? baring my throat ... my body for more and more - 

One thing I do know for sure - that primal play is raw and very real.  You can't pretend to be primal - you can't act it out - you either have it or you don't.  And I admit - here and now - it is a form of play that is "HOT"...... at least for me!

1 comment:

  1. That was a great article. I loved how it described another possible definition of being primal which isn't based on "violence" but on a raw organic connection between two people. That was how things were between Lakeman & I - it is very powerful and intense.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts