Friday, November 20, 2015

and now for something completely different....

BUT I do have to add to yesterday's NO CANCER update........ The doctor is running a couple more tests as some of my symptoms were suspicious.  He however is very positive that the problems are minor and probably nothing to worry about.  I will hear in 10 days if there is anything unseen going on........... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I got home yesterday I realized that my heart didn't feel so heavy anymore - there was a skip to my step (well as much as is possible after being poked and prodded from the inside out) And I thought -- I really can honestly get busy with Christmas - let the child-like excitement out........ and oh it felt SO damn good!

For some reason... a memory of the Christmas just after my dad died came swirling up ... and I remembered a beautiful basket of white poinsettas and Christmas greenery an Aunt sent me.  It was HUGE and gorgeous and dear lord in heaven was still blooming at Easter!!  and I knew I wanted one just like it to fill my apartment with Christmas smells and beauty.  

So I went on line to see what the florists had to offer.  The closest I could find was this...........



which isn't exactly it ........... and after much surfing I was a wee bit disappointed.  I want it NOW - but most Christmas floral arrangements have mums, roses and other short lived flowers added.  That wouldn't last to Christmas - never mind Easter !! 

Then I was talking to mini me last night and she suggested a shop in Belleville - a relatively close city.  I found it on the net and yes yes yes it shows much promise!!  Maybe I will drive out there and have a talk with the florist - maybe they can custom make a basket with white poinsettas and Christmas greenery.  It's certainly worth a try.. 

Today though I think I will give the apartment a good cleaning - a Christmas cleaning - a tradition from way back when .......... and yeah I know it is a month till Christmas and the house will need to be cleaned again - but it is so ingrained in me to clean BEFORE the decorations go up that I will do it........... 

And then I think I will drag all the Christmas boxes out to the guest room and sort through them - finding all the little treasures I want to display this year and get them ready,  It's still TOO early - but next weekend should be ok........ 

Yeah life is starting to look up............ starting to hold hope and promise for a new beginning............ which is a very good thing!!!

 

1 comment:

  1. Oh I'm so glad my recommendation might be fit!

    Merry ho ho :)
    mini me

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts