Monday, July 13, 2015

Summer is Here!!

And I know this because 1) the festivals have started up and 2) its FINALLY sunny and hot!!

 On Saturday I decided to head downtown and take in the Busker's festival.  I also had a photo challenge (from my photography group) "water".  Downtown is on the water front and I was sure I would find something suitable.

Anyway I headed downtown around noon - hottest time of the day.  And a line from an old song kept running through my head.... "Mad dogs and English men go out in the noon day sun"

I think I will save the photos from the Buskers for another day and just share you with you some shots I took both at the water front and then later in the afternoon at a conservation area....... 

I do try and get original shots - water has brought out shot after shot of the lake - of the waterfalls... of swimmers.. of bridges....... I so wanted something a little different....... 

I took this shot of the fountain...............


 
and then the kid in me couldn't resist a mud puddle.............



And then out at the conservation area I shot a few shots of the edge of the bay........ 






 
 and finally just some shots of nature........









it felt good to be shooting again - so who knows - maybe I will get back to doing it more...
 

2 comments:

  1. Kittish8:53 am

    I like that last water shot best of those, I think. There's a feeling of serene motion to it. I also really like the stump with the mushrooms on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:02 pm

    The chipmunk is gorgeous! I would from that and hang it on my wall.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts