Thursday, July 02, 2015

Proud of Me

One of the things some of you might not know about me - is that I suffer from a mild form of agoraphobia (simply explained - where I am happiest not going out ) So this whole wedding trip was really pushing my limits.......... 

Especially on the Saturday morning when I decided I was going to take my camera and go wander around this strange city and take photos........ go out on my own - in a strange city - with no safety net.  BUT I did it!!  and not just for an hour then rush back to the safety and confines of my hotel room....... nope I spent virtually the whole morning out and about (and nothing BAD happened !!)

Here's some shots (proof) I took in and about this new strange city.........

The waitress at breakfast told me to get in my car - take the first right and drive straight on and I would come to the waterfront - a "sight to behold" I guess ... and it probably is on a nice sunny warm summer day.  However it was dark and cold and windy on Saturday with a misty rain falling .......... 

This was the first thing I came across after parking my car at the water front......


 would you believe there was a scuba diving class going on???  


 the water was rough and uninviting - but I actually saw some kiddies paddling down by the beach!


and there were boaters........








 I continued along the water front and came across this pretty lil park complete with duck pond ... and ducks.  Now usually I don't take duck pictures - everyone seems to take ducks - but I couldn't resist these two shots......

This guy was really in a snit - and telling everyone who would listen........  


and this guy couldn't be bothered getting involved in all the nonsense !!




 And then I veered away from the water front and walked into the town itself for a bit...

 couldn't help but wonder who would drink beer made by "flying monkeys"
 
 
and then just some shots from here and there...







then it was time to head back to the hotel (now where was it again??!!!  thank god for GPS), lunch and the wedding.


  

1 comment:

  1. As always I love your photos.....more please

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts