Monday, December 22, 2014

Just a quickie

We're doing a quick run to Montreal to drop off the gifts for the kids........ long day ahead... 6 hours on the road for a 2 hour visit......... but it's just the way it has to be.

But before we go ... my Monday Morning Report.

We had such a busy weekend.

Saturday we hopped in the car and headed up to Ottawa to drop off gifts with eldest daughter and take her out for lunch........then run back to Kingston to pick up one friend - then to Napanee to pick up another friend - and then on to Trenton for their Christmas munch - followed by a dessert party at another friend's house.  Then retrace our steps and fall into bed around 2am.

Sunday - god how we both would have loved to veg .... but we had free tickets to go to the Home Town Hockey tour.  I don't particularly like hockey - yeah who would believe it growing up in Canada with all the rabid hockey fans !!  BUT I figured it would be a good opportunity to practice my freeze motion shots - and freeze my ass off.



It turned out to be fun!!!  We got all these freebies - including free beaver tails and hot chocolate (and we didn't have to wait for hell to freeze over to get them either)... There were all kinds of folks skating - both in the arena and at the outdoor rink.  There were hockey greats (not one I knew - but then what I know about hockey could be written on the head of a pin)

And it probably did us good to be out in the fresh air for a few hours (I keep telling myself that - seeing as it took me HOURS to warm up when we got home!!)

Here's some shots from the Home Town Hockey tour..........

a figure skater amongst all the hockey hopefuls.... 



attempts at freeze motion shots 





 
and believe it or not two skaters texting!! 

 

There was even a Boston Bruins player?

 
And that was our weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts