Wednesday, November 12, 2014

9 Years??!!!






Today is the 9th edition of L.O.L day - love our lurkers day.  A celebration, of sorts, of all those who pop in on our blogs - read - and quietly leave.  (Personally I am not a big fan of the word "lurker" makes me think of stalker - ahhhh well - that's just my twisted mind at work)

I have participated for a number of years, but had some serious reservations about doing it again this year.  In the past few years if I had one or two 'lurkers' leave a comment it was a good year....unlike many of my fellow bloggers who had piles and piles of comments on LOL day. 

I even had a blog planned for today - one about some holiday silliness going on here ..... but then this morning I thought "why not?"  (Have I always been such a follower??)

So here it is......... LOL day -  just for you my friendly lurkers.  The ones who pop in read and quietly slip back into that dark night - leaving me wondering who? what? where?

How about this year you leave a little comment - I know I am most curious about where in the world you hale from......... not the city !!  it doesn't have to be the city - but the country would be nice.  AND if you had any little thoughts to leave while you are in my comment box typing anyway... I would love that!!!

AND if you are interested in reading more blogs that are participating in the LOL day - some of them - I hear - are offering contests and challenges then pop over to Hermione's Heart - she is making a list of all the participants........

If you do comment I will be a good hostess (this year) and answer you........ Enjoy your day..........  
 

20 comments:

ronnie said...

Morningstar,

I sometimes lurk but always love reading your blog. Happy LOL day!

Love,
Ronnie
xx

abby said...

I thought...think...the same thing about the word 'lurker'. I wanted to change it to reader on my blog, but decided not to rock the boat..for a change. We seem to have lots in common...
hugs abby

morningstar said...

@abby - how about "silent majority"?? less menacing no?? (cheeky grin) .... but hey - why rock the boat LOL wouldn't work with another acronym

(just realized I can't use LOL to mean "laugh out loud" today - wayyyy too confusing... LMAO)

Hermione said...

Hi morningstar,

Thanks for joining us today for LoL 9. Sometimes it's fun to follow the herd.

Hugs,
Hermione

an English Rose said...

Hi Morningstar, I often lurk here so thought I would say hello today, hope you have a fun day
love Jan,xx

morningstar said...

@Hermoine - thanks for dropping by - and yes sometimes it is fun following the herd - as long as it isn't a herd of lemmings (cheeky grin)

@an English Rose - thank you for speaking up today :) and welcome to The Journey - let me guess - you from Britain??

dolly bag said...

Hi Morningstar, a lurker/stalker from the UK. Have read your blog for several years, have finally plucked up the courage to say hello.
Gill

morningstar said...

@dolly bag - I am so very glad you plucked up the courage to say hello... nice to meet you (so to speak) :)

A. Lurker said...

Hi Morningstar,
I lurk here occasionally and figure it's time to say "hi". I hale from the Greater Montreal area, your x-hometown! Another interesting coincidence - our men are the same age and were born on the same day! I remember that from a posting about W's BIG b-day. Hope you have a good turn out today.
R.

Jay said...

Hi morningstar! I've been lurking here recently and I've actually been meaning to leave you a comment since you did the photography walk and then life got busy. You might like to check out www.dpchallenge.com - some of the contests are open rather than member only. I submitted a few photos back in 2007 but haven't had time to since then. Happy LOL Days!

Downunder Don said...

Hi morningstar,
I lurk constantly on your blog and especially on your photography exploits. I am always extremely envious of the photos that "capture that moment" and am trying to emulate your spontaneity. May your wish for more lenses come true

USEDTODO SPANKEDHORTIC II said...

I have been guilty of lurking here lately. Great to see you doing LOL day again. Hope you have a good one.

Prefectdt

morningstar said...

@ A Lurker - wow!! from Montreal - now I am wondering if we have met in real life :)

@Jay - thank you for commenting today - I know all to well how life can just be too busy some times!!

@Downunder Don - when I post my photos I always wonder if you are here taking a peek :) Right now I am lusting after a "fish eye" lens - don't need - probably wouldn't use it much - buttttt still lusting :)

@Prefectdt - I was thinking about you the other day - wondering how you were doing... so very glad you said "hi" today :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Morningstar. I am glad to see your LOL Day post. I have followed your blog for awhile now and I want to thank you for your blog. I've admired your strength thru the difficulties you have mentioned in the last year with your health and your relationship. And I have certainly enjoyed your photographs. They are awesome. Best wishes for the future.

= ^_^ = from USA/Ohio

Anonymous said...

Hi Morningstar! I've been a silent lurker for well over a year - maybe more! Thank you for sharing your ups and downs and your journey with us. I am a woman of a 'certain age' as well and appreciate your perspective.

From - USA/Kentucky

Ordalie said...

Hi Morningstar!
I'm not a lurker, I often comment here but even if I've got nothing special to tell you, I thought it'd be nice to stand up and be counted. Oh yes, I love your photos.
Hugs from France.

thelongbean said...

Hi again, Morningstar. So glad you decided to participate.
I live on a small island in the Aegean Sea with a view of Turkey across the sea from my balcony.....

Leigh Smith said...

I haven't visited in a while, but I used to a while back. Don't spend as much time now. Happy LOL Day.

BlazngScarlet said...

I'm no lurker .... I just haven't been around in awhile
Miss you .... xoxoxox

Anonymous said...

Am i too late for lurker day?? Oh well, i tend to dance to the beat of my own drum anyway. i have left a couple comments, but prefer to stay in the shadows. i enjoy Your blog tremendously, and is one of two that i read on a regular basis. Thank you for being here, and sharing your life and photos.

Cheers from Ontario
~s