Monday, December 23, 2013

The Wheels Fell off.................






Christmas - for those of you who are new around here - or don't remember - is my all time favourite time of the year.  I am a big kid when it comes to Christmas.... from finding the right gifts for folks - to wrapping them - baking till the kitchen is bulging at the seams - Christmas music - Christmas smells - every single thing about Christmas I LOVE

Then this year came.  And I have had trouble finding the Christmas joie de vivre.  It has a lot to do with being retired and missing all my kiddies at school.  It has a lot to do with being 3 hours drive away from my own kids.  

And then of course add to that - W's sister dying and the mess/heart ache/stress that has caused for him.  

And then - joy oh joy - add to that almost 3 days this weekend of freezing rain and my world is a picture perfect block of ice.

And then last night I found out one of my new friends here in Kingston is in hospital with virile meningitis.

My spirits are about as low as they have ever been.  I don't know if I am gonna make it home for Christmas.  I don't even know if I can dredge up the tiniest bit of Christmas spirit.

I will go outside in a bit and try and shovel out the cars - try and scrape 4 inches of ice off them - try to get them to go............. try and find a way to Montreal.........but I have this sinking / sick feeling that my Christmas spirit just isn't coming this year........

1 comment:

  1. Hey, how am I suppose to play Scrooge to your Christmas Angel???

    The cars are all cleaned off of that nasty ice. The packages have been wrapped ( well one might not be ) and ready to go...

    So, find that old Christmas cheer or I might be forced to become the Christmas angel... WHAT AM I SAYING BAH HUMBUG see what happens!!!!

    W

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts