Thursday, November 21, 2013

Challenges............

My photography teacher has decided that I like to take patterns - repeating patterns and linear shapes.

She's right of course.  When I went back over my shots I realized that even my grave yard shoot - where I took a picture of a pot of yellow mums -  was really a picture of nice neat lines of gravestones.  (le sigh)

So this week our assignment was to go to Portsmouth Olympic harbour and shoot. 

(not my picture)




I could have easily taken multitude of pictures of lines - the fencing - the docks - the flagstaffs and I am pretty sure that is what she is expecting of me............... 

BUT I wanted to break out of my predictable mold.  I want to start taking pictures that challenge my OCD brain.................. 

I spent a couple of hours yesterday down at the harbour............ at first I took nice straight lines.............








But then I caught myself................... and decided not only was I not going to take linear pictures - I was NOT going to take the obvious ............. push my limits... find chaos - find soft - find anything but nice straight safe linear shots................

Then I discovered rope..... lots and lots of rope............and knots............... and I thought F*#K what she expects............. let's have some fun!!!

So here's some examples of MY view Portsmouth Olympic Harbour..............

(suspension over the side of the dock anyone?)

  


or maybe an anal hook suspension??



or maybe suspension over the side of a sail boat?



But then my linear side won out............ I had leaned up against the break wall - and suddenly had all the seagulls joining me............. how could I not take a picture of this!!!?



Tonight we are going out with some friends to a neighbouring town to experience their Christmas light display.  Saturday night we are going to the Santa Claus parade!!!  I am so excited about a night time parade - I have never EVER been to a night time Santa Claus Parade!! 

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It would seem this blog has become a photography blog - - but honestly D/s life is quite boring from the outside looking in - looks just like vanilla..................

2 comments:

  1. I love your photography, and I love hearing about your creative journey from the inside, even more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ordalie12:14 am

    I love all those imagined suspensions! Funny you can't help thinking in D/s terms, can you?

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts