Saturday, May 18, 2013

Post Party Report

I am sitting here in Kingston - in the dining room - looking out the window at sunshine (and lollipops) 

Thursday night went off without a hitch - unless you count my nearly backing out at the last minute.  Last minute being when W drove into the parking lot - and the nerves got the better of me and I started questioning WHY in god's name I had agreed to come!!  




But fortunately it went off well - the food was excellent - the speeches not too long or too boring or too sappy.  And I survived walking through all the tables up to the front of the hall - shaking hands with all the biggy wigs from the Board  receiving my retirement gift ......... and best of all I survived the photo shoot.  (Have I told you I HATE having my picture taken?????)

Wanna see my gift from the Board - huh do you??? It wasn't much of a surprise as months ago I received a pictorial list of gifts to choose from............... 




After all that excitement - Friday morning W and I were up at the crack of dawn to pack up lil miss ashes and all her "stuff" and move her permanently up here to Kingston.  

She has a hiding place under W's train table - on top of all the train supply boxes.  If she's not in there she is curled up at W's feet purring contentedly.  I figure by the time I get up here she will be right at home.  

I love it when a plan comes together :) 

1 comment:

  1. Ordalie4:24 am

    Well, well...A necklace with a handcuff from W and now a chain. It might have been strange if it hadn't been of your own choosing.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts